Global Sunless Tanners Market Trajectory & Analytics 2022-2026: Concerns over Skin Cancer Move UV-Free Tanners Demand in Upward Trajectory
DUBLIN, June 23, 2022
DUBLIN, June 23, 2022 /PRNewswire/ -- The "Sunless Tanners - Global Market Trajectory & Analytics" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The sunless tanning market is poised for growth in the wake of proliferation of natural-looking products, rise in number of service providers, and widespread acceptance of the concept.
Amid the COVID-19 crisis, the global market for Sunless Tanners estimated at US$1.4 Billion in the year 2020, is projected to reach a revised size of US$1.8 Billion by 2026, growing at a CAGR of 4.8% over the analysis period.
Lotions, one of the segments analyzed in the report, is projected to grow at a 4.5% CAGR to reach US$927.4 Million by the end of the analysis period. After a thorough analysis of the business implications of the pandemic and its induced economic crisis, growth in the Gels segment is readjusted to a revised 5.7% CAGR for the next 7-year period. This segment currently accounts for a 28.6% share of the global Sunless Tanners market.
The Sunless Tanners market in the U.S. is estimated at US$386.1 Million in the year 2021. The country currently accounts for a 26.74% share in the global market. China is forecast to reach an estimated market size of US$96.8 Million in the year 2026 trailing a CAGR of 7.2% through the analysis period. Among the other noteworthy geographic markets are Japan and Canada, each forecast to grow at 3.8% and 4% respectively over the analysis period. Within Europe, Germany is forecast to grow at approximately 4.6% CAGR while Rest of European market will reach US$104.2 Million by the close of the analysis period.
A noteworthy trend in these markets is the emergence of self-tanning products as one of the popular self-care trends during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown. In sharp contrast to the beauty industry that struggled with drop in consumer spending, sunless tanners witnessed high uptake and posted impressive revenue gains across countries such as the UK.
Factors like stay-at-home mandates prompted a large number of people to dedicate their time to various self-care activities including beauty. While spending on self-tanning products grew, the average expenditure on haircut, nail or eyebrow grooming, spas, hair removal and massages dwindled. While the time dedicated to makeup, styling and haircuts declined, consumer spend on high-end bathing products increased decently, marking a major trend in the beauty-linked self-care activity.
Global sales of sunless tanners through Supermarkets & Hypermarkets segment is estimated at US$798.2 Million in 2020, and is projected to reach US$1 Billion by 2026 reflecting a compounded annual growth rate of 4.2% over the analysis period. Europe constitutes the largest regional market for Supermarkets & Hypermarkets segment, accounting for 40.7% of the global sales in 2020. China is poised to register the fastest compounded annual growth rate of 6.8% over the analysis period, to reach US$61.7 Million by 2026.
Select Competitors (Total 68 Featured) -
- Avon Products, Inc.
- Beiersdorf AG
- Christian Dior SE
- Edgewell Personal Care LLC
- Fake Bake
- Johnson & Johnson Services, Inc.
- Kao Corporation
- L'Oreal S.A.
- Shiseido Co., Ltd.
- The Estee Lauder Companies, Inc.
- Unilever Plc
Key Topics Covered:
1. MARKET OVERVIEW
- General Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on Personal Care and Beauty Industry
- Global Personal Care Market Reset & Trajectory - Growth Outlook (In %) For Years 2019 Through 2025
- COVID-19 Brings Seminal Shifts in Beauty Consumption Patterns with New Trends
- Self Tanning Products Market to Improve after COVID-19 Outbreak Setback
- E-Commerce Wave Unlikely to Recuperate Losses for Beauty Products Caused by COVID-19-Led Store Closures
- Sunless Tanners - Global Key Competitors Percentage Market Share in 2022 (E)
- Competitive Market Presence - Strong/Active/Niche/Trivial for Players Worldwide in 2022 (E)
- Outlook: The Desire for Glowing, Healthy and Naturally Tanned Look Boosts Market Growth
- Europe Leads Sunless Tanners Market, Emerging Markets Set to Spearhead Future Growth
- Concerns over Skin Cancer Move UV-Free Tanners Demand in Upward Trajectory
2. FOCUS ON SELECT PLAYERS
3. MARKET TRENDS & DRIVERS
- Advanced Formulas and Technologies Pep up Growth in Sunless Tanning Market
- Mists Gain Popularity
- Innovative Products and Formulations Help Self-Tanners Support Growth
- A Glimpse of Select Recently Unveiled Formulations
- Tanning Water: A Popular Emerging Trend
- Advanced Technologies Come to the Fore
- Understanding the Usage and Performance of Self-Tanners
- Characteristics that Make a Great Self Tanner
- Manufacturers Focus on Developing DHA-Free Sunless Tanning Products
- Natural & Organic Ingredients Gather Steam
- Select Unique Ingredients in Sunless Tanners & Their Benefits
- Select Sun Tanners with Natural & Organic Ingredients
- Multifunctional Self-Tanning Products with Multiple Benefits Grow in Popularity
- Self-Tanning Market Gets Premium Makeover
- Self-tan Eraser Products: Prepping Skin for Next Application of Tan
- Improving Manufacturing Processes and Quality of Ingredients Resolve Orange Color Effect and Unpleasant Odor Issues in Self-Tan Products
- Self-Tanning Products for Sensitive Skin: Addressing Needs of People with Skin Issues
- Rising Popularity of Tanning among Men Augurs Well for Sunless Tanners Market
- Share of Men Using Tanning Products and Services in the UK: 2015 Vs 2019
- Millennials: A Strong Demographic
- How Safe Are Self-Tanning Products?
- Sunless Tanning Pills: An Ingestible Alternative to Fake Tan Products
- Rising Prominence of Home Remedies Threatens Commercial Self-Tan Products
- Social Media Emerges as a Vital Tool to Increase Consumer Engagement and Promote Sales
4. GLOBAL MARKET PERSPECTIVE
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/x54txp
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world's leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
View original content:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/global-sunless-tanners-market-trajectory--analytics-2022-2026-concerns-over-skin-cancer-move-uv-free-tanners-demand-in-upward-trajectory-301573853.html
SOURCE Research and Markets